Because of the unusual nature of Tuesday’s schedule, the room placements will be a bit different from what they will be during the rest of the school year. Here is a quick rundown of how things are going to work.
For children attending BEFORE SCHOOL CARE:
– If your child is only registered for Before School Care on Tuesdays, we will be providing care from 7:00am to 8:40am (or until 10:15am if they are in Kindergarten). If you will be needing care for your child after dismissal time and you do not ordinarily have After School Care on Tuesdays, please let us know, as we will not be expecting your child otherwise.
– All Kindergarten and Grade One children will be in the Rockstar Portable. (Kindies who are dropped off during Before School Care hours will remain in Rockstar Portable until pick-up time.)
– All Grade 2 children will be in the Pirate Portable.
– All Grade 3, 4, and 5 children will be in the DRC. Lions Hall will not be in use for Before School Care tomorrow.
– Please sign in all children at Pirate Portable.
For children attending AFTER SCHOOL CARE:
– If your child is only registered for After School Care on Tuesdays, we will be providing care from 10:15am (or 8:40am for children in Kindergarten) to 6:00pm.
– All Kindergarten children will be in the Rockstar Portable. If you are dropping off your kindergarten child after 8:40, please do not forget to sign them in!
– Grade 1 children will be in either Rockstar or Pirate Portable. They will be picked up from their classroom lines at 10:15 by KOSC staff and walked down to the portables.
– Grade 2 children will be in either Pirate Portable or the DRC. They can make their own way down from class and check in with a leader in Pirate Portable.
– Grade 3 children will be in the DRC. They can make their own way down from class and check in with a leader in the DRC.
– All Grade 4 and 5 children will be at Lions Hall. They can make their own way down from class to the Lions Hall meeting spot by the lower playground and check in with a leader there. The group will walk down to Lions Hall after all children have been accounted for.
– Please sign out all Kindergarten, Grade 1, 2, and 3 children at Pirate Portable. Lions Hall will have its own separate sign-out sheet.
– If your child is registered to attend KOSC on Tuesday afternoons but will be absent tomorrow, please let us know if you have not already done so. If we have not been informed of your child’s absence and they ordinarily attend on Tuesdays, we have to assume that they are supposed to be in attendance, which means that if they do not show up, we are required to initiate our missing child protocol — definitely not how we want to start off a new school year!
Please note that these placements are only for tomorrow — I am in the process of finalizing the regular room placements and will email families once those are fully sorted out.
Here’s hoping for a smooth transition into the new year!