Here are a few quick reminders for our returning KOSC families:
– KOSC is closed for the stat holiday on Monday, September 2nd.
– Tuesday, September 3rd is the first day of classes for children in Grades 1 – 5. Class will run from 8:40am to 10:15am for these grades. KOSC will be open for Before School Care from 7:00am to 8:40am, and for After School Care from 10:15am to 6:00pm. We can also provide full-day care for any Kindergarten children who are ordinarily registered to attend on Tuesdays.
– Wednesday, September 4th is a regular day for Grades 1 – 5, and it is the first day of Gradual Entry for children in Kindergarten. If your Kindergarten child is registered for Wednesday Before School Care, you may drop them off at KOSC as early as 7:00am and must pick them up by 2:46pm; if they are registered in Wednesday After School Care, you may drop them off after 8:40am and must pick them up by 6:00pm. (If they are registered for both Before AND After School Care, you can drop off and pick up any time between 7:00am and 6:00pm. 🙂 )
Some parents prefer to drop their child off and/or pick them up from their classroom session directly, which is totally fine — we just need to know which time periods we should be expecting your child to be at KOSC.
– Gradual Entry continues for Kindergarten students on September 5th, 6th, 9th, and 10th. On Wednesday, September 11th, all students will be on the regular class schedule of 8:40am to 2:46pm, and Before and After School Care will proceed as normal.
– If your child has a regular space for After School Care, you MUST inform us if he or she will not be in attendance on a day that they would ordinarily attend. Otherwise, we must call you to confirm their absence and, in the event that we are unable to reach you, we will need to initiate our Missing Child Procedure.
Licensing requires that we are informed of absences by the parent or guardian, so even if the school office or your child’s teacher tells us that your child is away or was picked up early, we still need you to call or send an email to let KOSC know, as well. Thank you in advance!
– As you may be aware, we are currently in the middle of transitioning into our expanded program, so room placements may change a bit during the next few weeks. In general terms, you can expect that younger children (Kindergarten and Grade One) will be in Rockstar Portable or Pirate Portable, while older children may be in the DRC, the newly-constructed modular building, or the Lions Hall. I will be sending out more information over the next two days.
– I’ve had a lot of questions about Pro-D Day registrations. We will begin taking those on Tuesday September 3rd at 7am. You can register for any and all Pro-D Days for the 2019-20 school year via email at that time. Please note that Pro-D Day registration is separate from regular Before and After School Care registration, so you must submit a registration request even if the Pro-D Day falls on a day that you would ordinarily be registered for care. The cancellation date for Pro-D Days is usually one week prior to the day in question.
– We are aware of the recent strike vote by CUPE 441. While we are hopeful that the dispute will be resolved quickly, we are currently working to determine our options in the event that a job action results in school closures. We will provide more information as soon as possible.