The Keating Out-of-School Care Board of Directors held an emergency meeting via teleconference tonight to decide the best course of action in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation. After heavy deliberation, the Board has made the difficult decision to shut down our centre for the time being. This temporary closure will take effect as of tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18th, and will continue until further notice.
This closure means that we will not be running Spring Break Camp for the remainder of the break. Families registered for Spring Break Camp will not be charged fees for any spots during the days of closure. Fees will still be charged for March 16th and 17th.
This temporary closure will have significant and lasting ramifications for our programs, our staff, and of course our KOSC families. The Board of Directors will be having another meeting this Friday, March 20th to discuss the logistics of the closure beyond Spring Break and to ensure that we are adequately prepared to resume operations once the threat of COVID-19 has been contained. I will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available.
As Program Manager, I sincerely regret any additional stress and inconvenience that our closure will cause for our KOSC families during what has already been a very difficult and uncertain time. This is an unprecedented situation, and the decision to close was not made lightly; however, at this time, we feel that it is the best way for us to protect the health and safety of children, families, and staff, which has always been our top priority.
We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding throughout this public health emergency, and we look forward to reopening once it is safe to do so.